The pharmacy department utilizes an integrative practice model where
pharmacists are responsible for both distributive and clinical
functions. Currently, there is a central pharmacy, two operating room
satellite pharmacies, and an emergency center satellite pharmacy.
Beaumont Hospital, Troy has a longstanding tradition of providing excellent clinical services. Pharmacists at Beaumont, Troy provide decentralized, inpatient care as well as pharmacokinetic dosing and monitoring of antibiotics and anticoagulants and nutrition support. The pharmacy specialty areas include: ambulatory care, antimicrobial stewardship, critical care, emergency medicine, medicine, surgical services, and oncology.
Beaumont pharmacists are also actively involved in the precepting of Doctor of Pharmacy students. Numerous pharmacy staff have adjunct faculty appointments with colleges of pharmacy from across the nation.
Each year Beaumont, Troy accepts two new pharmacy practice residents to the program. A PGY-1 Residency at Beaumont provides:
- training in a 520-bed acute-care, community-teaching hospital and associated ambulatory care practices
- pharmacy department personnel who are committed to education, patient care and research
- highly-trained and passionate clinical specialists as preceptors
- a layered learning model with IPPE and APPE pharmacy model
- a year of continual longitudinal development and growth