Our inpatient pharmacy department utilizes an integrative practice model, where pharmacists have responsibilities for both distributive and clinical functions. Advancement of our practice model includes the incorporation of state-of-the-art technological systems
and a comprehensive electronic medical record.
Ambulatory care pharmacy services include: anticoagulation, diabetes, discharge/transitions of care management, pharmacist clinic (collaborative practice agreement to provide medication management for patients with diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia,
asthma/COPD, smoking cessation, etc.) and infectious disease clinics.
Our residency preceptors are actively engaged in practice, education and scholarship. The majority of preceptors hold adjunct appointments with Wayne State University, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, the University
of Michigan, and/or the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine and enjoy productive collaborative relationships with these key partners.
In recognition of their accomplishments, members of our pharmacy team have received external recognition of excellence at the local, state, and national level. Our preceptors hold Fellow status within national professional organizations as well
as discipline-specific and specialty board certification.
Additional awards include:
- Toby Clark Resident Research Award, Ohio Pharmacy Resident Conference 2022 Anthony Patros, Pharm.D., Non-Traditional PGY1 Pharmacy Resident; awarded for demonstrating excellence in pharmacy practice research.
- Pharmacist of the Year Award, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2020 Christy Yost, Pharm.D., BCID Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Infectious Diseases; recognized for exemplary working relationships with all disciplines and innovative approaches to problem solving.
- Resident of the Year Award, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2020 Andrew Torey, Pharm.D., past PGY1 Pharmacy Resident, current Integrated Practice Experience preceptor; recognized for his contributions to the professional practice of health-system pharmacy
- Warrior Preceptor of the Year Award, Wayne State University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences 2019
Jenna Holzhausen, PharmD, BCPS, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Critical Care; recognized for demonstrating commitment and excellence in providing exceptional experiential education, promoting an environment that fosters and facilitates student learning, and displaying leadership and service to patients and the profession
- Two-year, $1 million dollar grant, Michigan Opioid Partnership Fund of the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
Levi Hall, Pharm.D.,BCPS, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Pain Medicine and team; grant was awarded to help establish an Addiction Medicine Program at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
- Clinical Nutrition Team of Distinction Award, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition 2018
Sandy Kless, Pharm.D., BCNSP, – Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Nutrition Support and team; recognized for excellence in interdisciplinary clinical nutrition practice in institutions or agencies who meet certain criteria and compliance with ASPEN national standards, guidelines and values
- Preceptor of the Year Award, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2017
Megan Cadiz, Pharm.D., Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Critical Care; recognized for excellence in health-system pharmacy practice and commitment to providing quality experiential opportunities for pharmacy students and residents
- Resident of the Year Award, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2017
Kirsten Wallskog, Pharm.D., PGY1 Pharmacy Resident; recognized for her contributions to the professional practice of health-system pharmacy
- Exemplary Student Award, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2016- Rachael Fuller, past Wayne State University Pharm.D. Candidate, current Integrated Practice Experience Preceptor
- Exemplary Resident Continuing Education (CE) Lecture, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2016
Julie Francisco, Pharm.D.; recognized for outstanding resident CE presentation
- Pharmacist of the Year, Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2015
Lutz, Pharm.D. CPPS, Drug Information & Medication Safety
Specialist; recognized for his contributions to medication safety at the
local, state and national level
- Student Research Award, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2014
Chaben, Pharm.D. Candidate, Wayne State University and Pharmacy
Intern, Beaumont, Royal Oak; recognized for his work on evaluating
inpatient anticoagulant hemorrhage
- Innovative Practice Award, Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2012
Awarded to pharmacists at Beaumont for improving outcomes of patients with Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia