200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
This program is designed for yoga lovers who would like to deepen their personal practice and/or acquire the skills to lead others in a safe and meaningful yoga practice.
The curriculum includes the four educational categories as established by Yoga Alliance:
Anatomy and Physiology
- Elements of anatomy of the musculoskeletal system
- Elements of physiology to explore the effects of yoga on body and mind
- Elements of kinesiology as relevant to yoga movement and postures
- History of yoga
- Principles of philosophy
- Yoga ethics on and off the mat
Technique, Training and Practice
- Analysis and technique of the principal hatha yoga mudras, asanas and flows
- Analysis and technique of key up-regulating and down-regulating pranayama, with or without the use of bandhas.
- Analysis and technique of open-attention and narrow-focus types of meditation
- Teaching methodology includes scope of practice, cuing, sequencing, class management, use of props and physical support.
- Professional Development includes aspects related to the business of yoga, continuing education, certification and more.
- Mentoring & supervised practicum
This program is built around the needs of working adults. The curriculum is taught over 8 months to allow time in between classes for students to practice, review material.
Class meets both in-person on selected weekends and online on selected weekday evenings. The curriculum is delivered in synchronous format (a mix of in-person and online classes), coordinated by lead instructor Sonia Sorrenti, E-RYT500, C-IAYT, in collaboration
with highly-qualified healthcare providers.
Upon successful completion of course requirements, students will receive a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate of Completion and will be eligible to begin the first step of the Yoga Therapy training by applying to the 300-hour Academic program.
$2,460. Discount and payment plans available.