500-hour Clinical Yoga Therapy Program
This program is the final part of the hospital-based yoga therapy training and aim to give trainees hands-on experience as yoga therapists.
The curriculum is taught over two years and includes:
- yoga philosophical foundations
- medical and psychological foundations
- yoga therapy tools and therapeutic skills
- mentored practicum with hospital in-patients and out-patients
Students will learn to:
- interact with patients both in group and private setting
- assess patients and help them define measurable goals
- implement evidence-based treatment plans
- document encounters
- communicate effectively with other clinicians as part of an integrated healthcare team.
Upon successful completion of course requirements, students will receive the final Yoga Therapy Certificate of Completion.
The Academic Program (or equivalent*) constitutes pre-requisite to enter the Clinical Program.
$5,000. Discount and payment plans available.
In order to work with patients, all students must complete a health screening and receive approval from Beaumont’s health department prior to attending the program. This can be performed through a student’s own physician, local county health
departments, or through specific Beaumont Urgent Care locations for a fee.
Dress Code for Clinical Rotations (provided by student)
Purple/grape scrub top and pants.
*Transfers from other yoga therapy schools are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and will be admitted to the Research and Teaching Assistant and Hospital-Based Clinical Rotation Courses pending availability. Students graduating from the Academic Course have priority over transfer students.