The lecture series will introduce students to the following disciplines:
- Medical Microbiology – 3 weeks
- Mycology and Parasitology – 2 weeks
- Clinical Chemistry – 4 weeks
- Clinical Immunology – 3 weeks
- Clinical Hematology and Hemostasis – 5 weeks
- Immunohematology – 3 weeks
Upon successful completion of the lecture series, the student will be approved to begin laboratory rotations in:
- Chemistry and Immunology - 5 weeks
- Hematology, Hemostasis, Urinalysis and Body fluids - 6 weeks
- Immunohematology - 5 weeks
- Microbiology, Mycology and Parasitology - 5 weeks
Students will also participate in a one-week program covering current topics in clinical education and laboratory operations.
Student progress will be evaluated in each lecture course and clinical rotation via assignments, written and/or practical exams, competency checklists and performance evaluations. Students must successfully complete each lecture course and laboratory rotation to satisfy the requirements of the program. Upon successful completion of the clinical program, graduates will receive a certificate of completion.