The start dates and application deadlines are as follows:
Start date: September of each year
Application deadline: Due to COVID-19 the application deadline has been extended until May 15, 2020.
- Histologic Technician Application Packet may be downloaded or requested from the program director. The following application materials must be compiled by the applicant, sent to the Program Director in one envelope packet and received by the application deadline. Separate mailings of application materials will not be accepted.
- completed Beaumont Schools of Allied Health Application Packet
- official* transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated and reported for course credits and grades, including GPA, by a designated agency. (See listing below for preferred designated agencies.) If you are a graduate from a foreign university you must take a minimum of one biology course (anatomy or physiology or higher level) with lab, AND one chemistry course with lab at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, plus have documentation of English proficiency.
- a few science course taken via the internet may be allowed, if enough science courses with "hands-on" laboratories have been taken at a regionally accredited college or university in the US.
- a non-refundable application fee of $40 (Please make checks payable to Beaumont Hospitals, in US funds.)
- three Official* Letters of Recommendation on forms provided in the Application Packet. Two (2) science instructors/advisors and one (1) supervisor are preferred. If unable to provide two science instructors/advisors and or one employment supervisor, please contact the program director for suggested alternatives for character references (Letters from family members or friends are NOT accepted.)
- academic course plan
- personal statements
- if you are not a United States citizen, you must provide documentation of permanent residency status (Greencard) from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- once all application materials have been received, the applicant will be contacted to schedule a personal on-site interview. Prior to the interview, the student must read the information contained within the Pre-interview Mandatory Education and download the tests and signature sheets. The student should bring the completed tests and signature sheets with them to the interview. The interview will not take place without these forms.
- The Admissions Committee is responsible for reviewing the applications, conducting the interviews and selecting the students.
- admission is competitive; it is based on number and type of science courses taken, grades, recommendations, statement of career goals, types of job(s), interview, etc.
*Official documents must be sealed and either signed or stamped across the back flap by the school official or reference. Letters or transcripts that are not sealed or signed appropriately or appeared to be tampered with will not be accepted and the applicant will not be considered.
Beaumont's School of Histologic Technician considers all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, weight, height, national origin, marital status or handicaps.