300-hour Academic Yoga Therapy Program
This program is designed for yogis who have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training or equivalent and would like to go a step further and learn how to apply yoga as a therapeutic modality in a healthcare setting.
The curriculum is taught over 1 calendar year and divided into 12 modules:
- Yoga Therapy in Healthcare - Overview
- Asana and the Musculoskeletal System
- Pranayama and the Heart of Yoga
- Pratyahara and the Nervous System
- Meditation and Digestive Health
- Deep Relaxation and the Endocrine Systems
- Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda for the Subtle Body
- Yoga Therapy for Fascial Fitness and Chronic Pain
- Yoga Therapy for Mental Health and Trauma
- Yoga Therapy for Lifestyle and Human Development
- Yoga Therapy for Chronic Illness and Palliative Care
- Finals – Practicum exam and certificate award
Each module includes the major educational categories: Yoga Humanities, Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga Tools and Techniques, Teaching Methodology and Professional Development, Mentoring and Supervised Practicum.
Class meets both in-person on selected weekends and online on selected weekday evenings. The curriculum is delivered in synchronous format (a mix of in-person and online classes), coordinated by lead instructor Sonia Sorrenti, E-RYT500, C-IAYT, in collaboration with highly-qualified healthcare providers.
Upon successful completion of course requirements, students will receive a 300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Certificate of Completion and will be eligible to apply to the 500-hour Clinical Yoga Therapy program.
$3,500. Discount and payment plans available.