The following information must be received prior to application deadline:
1. Histotechnologist Application Packet
2. *Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Online official transcripts will be accepted.
3. If you are a graduate from a foreign university, you must have your transcript evaluated in U.S. degree equivalency, equivalent years in U.S. college or university, equivalent American courses, grades and credit hours. The report must be sent
directly to us. See below for a listing of preferred evaluating agencies.
Note: If you are a graduate from a foreign university, you must take a minimum of one biology course (anatomy or physiology or higher level) with lab, AND one chemistry course with lab at a regionally accredited college
or university in the United States, plus have documentation of English proficiency.
4. If you are not a United States citizen, you must provide documentation of permanent residency status (Green card) from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
5. A few science course taken via the internet may be allowed, if enough science courses with "hands-on" laboratories have been taken at a regionally accredited college or university in the US.
6. Three *Official Letters of Recommendation on forms provided in the Application Packet sent from the reference to us (Letters from family members and friends are not acceptable.) Two (2) science instructors/advisors and one (1)
supervisor are preferred. If unable to provide two science instructors/advisors and or one employment supervisor, please contact the program director for suggested alternatives for character references.
7. Academic Course Plan
8. Personal Statements
9. $40 application fee (check or money order in U.S. funds made out to Beaumont Hospitals.)
Applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.
An Admissions Committee is responsible for reviewing the applications, conducting the interview and selecting the students.
Admission is competitive, and is based on number and types of science courses taken, grades, recommendations, statement of career goals, types of job(s), interview, etc.
*Official documents must be sealed and either signed or stamped across the back flap by the school official or reference. Letters or transcripts that are not sealed or signed appropriately or appeared to be tampered with will not be accepted and the applicant
will not be considered.
Beaumont's School of Histotechnology considers all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, weight, height, national origin, marital status or handicaps.