Why oncology and hospital massage?
A growing number of cancer and hospitalized patients are realizing a need for holistic methods to ease their symptoms. Research has proven that oncology and
hospital massage is safe for treating patients, and training is mandatory to massage in the hospital setting.
In this program, you will learn that there are many ways to safely massage a cancer or hospitalized patient, but you can cause great harm if it is not done correctly. During the six day program (48 hours) you will learn how, when and why massage is appropriate.
You will also have the opportunity to treat patients during 52 hours of supervised clinical rotation.
Our goal is to educate highly qualified massage therapists who are capable of providing safe and intelligent massage therapy to oncology and hospitalized patients. Graduates will be qualified to work in private doctors' offices, hospitals, infusion centers
and private massage practices.
"I learned more than I ever expected I could learn in class. This class has put me at the top of my career."
- Katherine Anderson, Estero, Florida
"I now know I can treat a cancer patient safely and help them through their journey. Taking care of them has brought me
so much joy."
- Tara Pernell, Detroit, Michigan
Students accepted into the program are required to successfully pass Beaumont’s health screening requirements and provide supporting evidence at least three (3) weeks prior to the start of class. This can be done through your own
physician or through Beaumont's Occupational Health Services Department for a fee. Please contact Karen Armstrong for the health screening documentation.
- graduate of a 500-hour or more course/class in massage therapy or minimum state requirements
- solid A&P background taken in massage therapy school or other post-secondary educational institution
- solid Pathophysiology background as taken in massage therapy school
- ability to follow instructions, multi-task and work in a busy environment
- ability to show compassion, curiosity and growth during this educational process