The application deadlines are as follows:
|August 15|| ||Application, Academic Course Plan, Processing Fee, Official Transcript(s)|
|September 30|| ||Interview|
|September 15|| ||Recommendation Forms/Letters|
|October 5|| ||MTIMPM Match Registration postmark|
The Beaumont School of Medical Laboratory Science participates in the Medical Technology Internship Matching Program of Michigan (MTIMPM).
Applications will be accepted April 1 through August 15 in the year prior to the program start date.
The following application materials must be compiled by the applicant:
- Complete and submit the MTIMPM application, Beaumont specific personal statements.
- Return the completed application via U.S. mail or e-mail to Heidi Gorske at Heidi.Gorske@beaumont.org.
- Request an official copies of your transcripts by August 15.
- Three recommendation forms - one must be from an employer and two from science or medical laboratory science faculty; Letters from family members or friends are NOT accepted
- Ask your recommenders to EMAIL the recommendation letter with your name in the subject line by September 15.
- Send official transcripts and recommendation letters to the program director Nancy.Ramirez@beaumont.org
- Foreign degree evaluations MUST show grades and credit hours and GPA from all colleges and universities attended. (See listing below for preferred transcript evaluation agencies.)
- Permanent resident documentation from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services if you are not a U.S. citizen
- U.S. passport if you are a non-citizen national of the U.S.
- Copy of university diploma, if you have already graduated
IMPORTANT: It is recommended you submit the completed application one to two months prior to the application deadline to guarantee your preferred interview date/time.
- Interviews are conducted Monday through Friday from June 1 through September 30 in the year prior to the start of the clinical program.
- Applicants will be notified via e-mail upon review and approval of all requested documents with further instructions for scheduling an on-site interview.
- Prior to the interview, the applicant will be asked to view the Day in the Life of a Beaumont MLS presentation on the Beaumont MLS Program’s home page.
- After the interview, the student must complete and submit their MTIMPM Student Match Registration Form and Fee to the MTIMPM Administrator (or their university advisor if required).
- This form must be postmarked no later than October 5
- Interviewed applicants will be informed of their admission status (match outcome) in early November via email from the program director
- Respond to the clinical program position placement within one week of e-mail notification.
Program match and policy handbook
Acceptance into the School of Medical Laboratory Science program is dependent upon the outcome of the MTIMPM match. The clinical program will determine a student’s match ranking based upon many factors including the student's academic grades, letters
of recommendation, statement of career goals, academic, work and volunteer experiences, interview, and assessment by the Admissions Committee of a candidate's potential ability to meet the above mentioned Essential Functions and program requirements.
A student policy handbook, including student grievance policy and appeals, will be provided upon acceptance to the program and upon request after the interview.
Refer to the Program Admission section for additional criteria that must be met upon successful match with the program.