Back to home pageProfessional Education

Corewell Health: The new name for Beaumont. Here to make health better.

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency, Taylor

Graduate Outcomes

Our program places great emphasis on residents’ career aspirations. Whether pursuing a fellowship or a private practice path, our faculty and clinical experiences will prepare you for any setting. Approximately 70% of our graduates go on to fellowship training in various subspecialties: Brain Injury Medicine, Pain Medicine, and Sports Medicine. The remaining 30% obtain successful job placements. Below is a list of our alumni:

Class of 2022


Rizwan Alvi, MBBS
Private Practice


Ryan Sankovic, MD
Detroit Medical Center-Pain Medicine Fellowship; Detroit, MI


Vivan Shah, MD
OSS Health-Interventional Spine & Sports Medicine Fellowship; York, PA


Ding Zhang, MBBS
Rochester Regional Health, NY

Class of 2021


Usman Ashraf, MD
Group Practice, Warren, MI



Alexandre Mazar, MD
Montefiore Sports Medicine;
Bronx, NY


Jared McCallum, MD

*Three months off cycle
Currently applying for
Pain Medicine Fellowship


Jeffry Mercado, MD
The Spine & Sports Center, Interventional
Spine & Sports Medicine;
Houston, TX


Hashem Zokary, MD
Beaumont Health, Brain
Injury Medicine; Taylor, MI

Class of 2020



Babatunde Babalola, MD
U.T Southwestern Brain Injury Medicine; Dallas, TX


Deutscher_RussellRussell Deutscher, MD
University of South Florida Pain Medicine; Tampa, FL
Gapinski_RobertRobert Gapinski, MD
Montefiore Sports Medicine; Bronx, NY

Class of 2019



Wendy Contreras, MD
Carolinas Medical Center Brain Injury Medicine; Charlotte, NC 


Kawa_MMelissa Kawa, MD
Beaumont Health; Taylor, MI
Bokhari_OOmaima Bokhari, MD
Private Practice; Detroit, MI
Ruggiero_RRene Ruggiero, MD
University of South Florida Pain Medicine; Tampa ,FL

Residency Programs

Fellowship Programs

Fellowship Programs
(no ACGME Accreditation)

Copyright © Beaumont Health. All Rights Reserved.
Beaumont Health
Beaumont Logo
Beaumont Health is Michigan's largest health care system providing compassionate, extraordinary care to patient and families. Your partner in education and development.