The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Beaumont Hospital, Taylor offers five PGY-I positions each year through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
All applications must be submitted via ERAS
The following items must be submitted via (ERAS)
- Completed ERAS application form including personal statement and curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Three letters of recommendation, from United States physicians involved in your medical education/training in addition to the Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX step 1 score (a transcript must be received before your application can undergo initial review) and if available, Step 2 score (must be available prior to submission of our final rank list)
- International medical graduates must have documentation of ECFMG certification
For the 2023 ERAS® cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ supplemental ERAS applications. Completion of the standard MyERAS application is a requirement; completion of the supplemental ERAS application
In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program’s setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application provides:
- geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- information about an applicant’s most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- program signals.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2023
Applications are reviewed holistically. Based on this information, applicants may be invited for an interview
It is the responsibility of the candidate to assure completeness of his/her application, including letters of recommendation. Applications will be reviewed promptly and if screening criteria are met, an invitation will be extended to you and arrangements
will be made for a personal interview. Our interviews will be conducted between November and January.