Thank you for your interest in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation residency program at Beaumont Hospital-Taylor. We are a young and vibrant program with a track record of success. Initially established under the sponsorship of Wayne State University in 2009, the program transitioned to Beaumont Health on 7/1/2018. We pride ourselves on our commitment to provide an educational environment that produces academically and clinically proficient physiatrists. We foster a collegial environment where residents can reach their professional goals.
The residency features:
- comprehensive curriculum covering the wide spectrum of physiatry (e.g. spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, musculoskeletal medicine, etc.)
- rich and diverse patient population. Dearborn and its surrounding areas are home to many different cultures. Learning in such an environment promotes cultural competency and personal enrichment.
- strong exposure to traumatic brain injury and trauma rehabilitation. Our proximity to two Level 2 trauma centers expose our residents to complex traumatic injuries. Additionally, our program is tied to a one-year, ACGME accredited Brain Injury Medicine Fellowship. It is 1 of 18 in the country.
- tight-knit, family feel. Our residents are very close, and they enjoy various social activities outside of work.
- wellness program that features semi-annual activities to promote stress reduction and collegiality.
- supportive work environment where other supporting hospital colleagues are dedicated to the education of our residents.
Along with our well-rounded training program, we are located near Detroit, a reviving city with plethora of new food and entertainment options growing by the week.
It is an exciting time in our residency. We welcome you to explore our website for additional information. Contact our residency coordinator with questions.