The mission of the Beaumont Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency program is to prepare the resident trainee in advanced clinical practice, to accelerate innovative analytical thinking and reasoning skills, and to provide cutting-edge professional development in neurologic physical therapy while providing compassionate and extraordinary care for patients with neurologic deficits within a multidisciplinary team environment.
Our educational objectives include:
- Promote best practice through the application of current research and patient centered care for patients with Neurologic disorders
- Develop clinical specialists who are competent educators to patients, peers, and students
- Engage in community service and program development and expansion to meet the needs of patients with Neurologic disorders
- The resident to successfully complete the ABPTS neurologic clinical specialist board examination
- Provide residents with a comprehensive academic and clinical curriculum to enhance analytical and reasoning skills