- promote best practice through the application of current research and patient and family-centered care for patients with women’s health disorders
- develop clinical specialists who are competent educators to patients, peers, and students
- residents will become proficient in performing internal and external pelvic floor examinations and treatment (vaginally and ano-rectally)
- the resident will develop proficiency in performing rectal balloon treatment for colon rectal disorders
- the resident will engage in community service and program development and expansion to meet the needs of patients with women’s health disorders
- the resident will be eligible to sit for the ABPTS Women’s Health clinical specialist board examination
- provide residents with a comprehensive academic and clinical curriculum to enhance analytical and reasoning skills
The resident will complete individual learning modules with post-test assessment. Each module offers additional readings to complement each lecture. The resident will also partake in the journal club. Additionally, the resident will have weekly learning session with a clinical mentor who will provide further didactic education, clinical practice time and case review.
Clinically, the resident will also be provided unique learning opportunities for attending clinics, shadowing rehabilitation professionals as well as working as a member of multidisciplinary teams. The residency will culminate with a comprehensive final test and a capstone project consisting of a case study to help demonstrate mastery of advanced concepts of women’s health rehabilitation. Computer and internet access are required.