Beaumont believes strongly that the selection of high quality residents for its graduate training programs is critical to our mission of providing the highest quality education programs. To this end, in compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate
Medical Education (ACGME) institutional requirements, applicants must meet one of the following qualifications to be considered eligible for matriculation into our residency programs
- Graduate of a Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), accredited medical school in the U.S.
- Graduate of an osteopathic school accredited by the AOA
For further information about eligibility please see the Beaumont Graduate Medical Education page for policies.
Additional family medicine minimum selection criteria
- ERAS applications only- Application deadline 1st Friday in December
- USMLE I & II or COMLEX I & II passed on first attempt unless the applicant is a student or graduate of Beaumont Health’s official affiliated medical schools or has done a medical school rotation for credit with Beaumont Wayne Family Medicine Residency
- Graduation from medical school within the past 2 years
- Visas are NOT sponsored unless the candidate is a graduate of a US medical school with a valid F-1 Visa
- Interview ratings of personal attributes – personality, communication skills, motivation, integrity
- Special attributes - medical school honors, community service
- One year of U.S. clinical or research experience
Beaumont participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) to select candidates for its residency programs. All applicants for Beaumont Wayne residency positions are received through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Candidates
are invited for personal interviews based on their eligibility above.