Daily lectures are offered in house, supplemented by an affiliation with Michigan State University's Department of Radiology. Residents participate in weekly didactic lectures at MSU with a large variety of topics and visiting professors in all sub-specialties.
Physics lectures are given to all residents at Michigan State University. We have a physicist present on a consulting basis. Topics include:
- radiation biology, including cellular and subcellular effects of radiation
- tissue kinetics and responses
- radiological factors modifying effects
- total body effects and histopathologic response
- radiation safety
- physics of radiation apparatus
- dark room physics
- radiation physics
Radiology interacts with almost all services within the hospital. Several interdisciplinary conferences are scheduled throughout the year.