Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Application
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offers four PGY-I positions each year through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applications must be submitted via ERAS
The following items must be submitted via (ERAS)
- completed ERAS application form including personal statement and curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- three letters of recommendation, from United States physicians involved in your medical education/training in addition to the Dean's letter
- medical school transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX step 1 score (a transcript must be received before your application can undergo initial review) and if available, Step 2 score (must be available prior to submission of our final rank list)
- international medical graduates must have documentation of ECFMG certification
Applications are reviewed with attention to the candidate's academic, clinical, interpersonal skills and personal statement. Based on this information, applicants may be invited for an interview.
It is the responsibility of the candidate to assure completeness of his/her application, including letters of recommendation. Applications will be reviewed promptly and if screening criteria are met, an invitation will be extended to you and arrangements will be made for a personal interview. All successful applicants are required to make a personal visit and interview before final consideration of his/her application can be given. Our interviews will be conducted between mid-November and late January.
Justin Riutta, M.D., Residency Program Director
Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Beaumont Hospital – Royal Oak
3601 West Thirteen Mile Road
Royal Oak, Michigan 48073-6769