Dr. Myron LaBan was Beaumont’s first physiatrist who established and lead the Royal Oak Beaumont Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in 1968. This service has become one of the largest and most diversified departments of its type in the state.
- Categorical 4-year program; 4 residents per year, 16 residents total
- Excel academically based on SAE-R and Board Scores - 2 residents with top scores in the country
- Excellent clinical training based on private practice model
- the private practice model exposes residents to new & innovative approaches
- 100 percent placement of graduates in fellowships or jobs
- Comprehensive educational program with a balance between physical medicine and general rehabilitation
- Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
We pride ourselves in our commitment to providing an educational environment that produces academically top notch physiatrists. The attending physicians are committed to maintaining our tradition of a nationally regarded outstanding academic program.
Our training program provides the number and variety of cases necessary to educate and prepare the resident for practice or postgraduate training, and has served as a stepping stone to excellent private practice opportunities as well as academic appointments at medical centers across the nation.