What to Expect During Your Residency
- Residents have regular office hours:
- first year: one half-day per week
- second year: two to three half-days per week
- third year: three to five half-days per week
- Patient care is supervised by faculty and local family physicians with at least one preceptor for every three residents.
- residents are exposed to patients from surrounding communities ranging in size from small townships to large cities. Patients come from a variety of ethnic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds. This diversity provides excellent training about varying patient needs, customs and values.Faculty and residents believe in the importance of research in advancing medical education.
Each resident is provided with guidance and the financial support necessary to complete his or her original research project or another scholarly activity.
- faculty from all fields of medicine are available to serve as mentors and advisors to all residents
- the resources of the Beaumont Research Institute are also available