The Family Medicine Residency Program at Beaumont Hospital, Troy, offers residents an outstanding education in a highly supportive environment. We strive to cultivate
knowledge, skill, compassion, leadership and lifelong learning principles in our residents. Our focus is to produce strong clinicians who can deliver high quality, comprehensive health care for patients and their families in a variety of practice settings.
Why choose Beaumont
- the strong educational training our residents receive; we are proud to say that our graduates have had a 100% board passage rate for over the past decade
- residents get hands-on experience working with a leading industry electronic medical record (EPIC)
- the program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The program has been awarded the maximum accreditation.
- our program allows residents to learn the role of primary care physician first-hand because our residents see their own patients, representing a diverse population, in our state-of-the-art family medicine center
- our program has excellent subspecialty support and our residents are able to work one-on-one with their attending physicians on most of their rotations
- the larger hospital system and our affiliation with the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine provide residents access to electives, subspecialists, technologies and research opportunities
- residents have strong employment opportunities after graduation
- all of our faculty are board-certified and most are fellowship-trained
- residents have the opportunity for additional exposure in the disciplines of obstetrics and sports medicine
Eight new residents each year are chosen for our program through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
The mission of the Beaumont Health System, Troy Family Medicine Residency Program is to provide outstanding education and quality patient care in a supportive academic environment.