Outcome measures for the program:
- at least 80 percent of program interns complete program/degree requirement within 12 months (150 percent of the program length)
- of graduates who seek employment 70 percent are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation
- the programs one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of First attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80 percent
- 100 percent of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months for program completion
Additional desired program outcomes:
- 80 percent of students achieve a minimum rating of “consistently meets expectations” in entry-level dietetic competencies, determined through preceptor evaluations.
- 80 percent of employers returning surveys will rate Beaumont internship graduates as being prepared for entry-level dietetic practice.
- 80 percent of internship graduates returning surveys will self-rate as being prepared for entry-level dietetics practice.
- 80 percent of current interns will indicate that designated learning experiences are meeting competencies for program objectives.
- 80 percent of current interns will evaluate preceptor guidelines as satisfactory.
- 80 percent of preceptors will rate the patient care provided by dietetic interns as a beneficial service at Beaumont.
- 80 percent of dietetic interns indicate that the development of clinical judgment through critical thinking, organizational and communication skill growth as an important component of providing patient focused care at Beaumont.
Additional outcome data is available upon request.