This four-year program is significantly weighted towards clinical/bedside training. Attending neurologists and residents conduct daily rounds at Beaumont, Farmington Hills or Beaumont, Royal Oak. Office neurology supplements in-patient hospital exposure, with at least 1/2 day per week in an office setting.
- supplemented through a consortium with MSUCOM involving the neurosciences
- onsite or virtual campus lectures are scheduled on selective Fridays at MSU
- neuroanatomy lectures offered throughout the academic year
- onsite or virtual conferences/grand rounds alternating between the Farmington Hills and Royal Oak campuses on Thursdays
- residents present cases when assigned
- monthly journal club
Out services are obtained at various institutions or settings, depending upon availability. Presently, Henry Ford and the Michigan Institute for Neurologic Disorders (MIND) are the primary settings for out services.