The Beaumont Health Neurology Residency Program has the highest accreditation by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) initial accreditation was granted in May of 2017.
There are four residency openings per year. Applications may be submitted through ERAS. Interviews are held in December, by invitation only.
Upon successful completion of training, the resident is qualified to sit for the written boards given by the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry (AOBNP) or the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- AOBNP boards can be taken in the spring of the resident's third year, as long as resident is in good standing, as determined by the Program Director
- upon completion of the written boards, an oral/practical exam is then offered by the AOBNP, leading to full board certification
Length of contract
Although the training program is for four years, contracts are given on a year-to-year basis, pending approval for renewal by the Program Director and Site Directors.
- twice monthly Neurology Resident Journal Club with attending neurologist
- monthly Neurology Resident Club under the direction of Drs. Pawlak and Simpson
- yearly educational conference-stipend per Beaumont, upon approval of Program Director
- review course-3rd year-upon approval of Program Director
- educational conferences in conjunction with MSUCOM