The resident program is approved for six PGY-1 positions each year through the National Resident Matching Program. All applications must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service(ERAS).
The following items be submitted via (ERAS) each year
- completed ERAS application form including personal statement and CV
- three letters of recommendation, including United States physicians
- Dean's letter
- medical school transcript
- USMLE Step 1 and 2 score
- the program requires transcripts at time of application
- international medical graduates must have documentation of
fulfilling ECFMG certification requirements by January 31
Applications are reviewed with attention given to the candidate's academic, clinical, interpersonal skills, and personal statement. USMLE exam passage on first attempt preferred. Based on this information, applicants may be invited for an interview. Preference is given to applicants who are or have been active in clinical medicine in the US within the previous two years (medical school or residency).
Beaumont currently sponsors H-1B and J-1 visas. Our support comes with the following important stipulations:
- all pre-requisites necessary to acquire such a visa, along with all required forms and paperwork, must be fulfilled by the applicant and completed in time sufficient for the applicant to obtain the visa and begin employment orientation during the end of June, and residency on July 1
- acquisition of a Michigan limited educational license
- H1-B visa
- the applicant will employ the services of a qualified immigration attorney, and must successfully pass USMLE Step 3
Interviews will be conducted starting the middle of October through the beginning of January each year.
Application deadline is December 1.