Beaumont, Grosse Pointe's Family Medicine Residency Program combines the intimacy of a small community hospital with the resources of a large, university based, quaternary care network. The program’s intimate size allows for tailored training to
meet the individual needs of each resident. Full spectrum family medicine services are provided with an emphasis on compassionate, high quality, and socially conscious care. Residents are encouraged to develop intellectually, professionally and personally,
with individualized education being at the heart of our program.
Family Medicine residents fulfill an integral role in patient care at Beaumont. They are given maximum responsibility in accordance with their level of experience, and always with appropriate supervision. Our residents:
- serve as primary care physicians for their own patients, and those of the Family Medicine Center, on very busy inpatient and outpatient services
- these include medical, surgical, pediatric, and obstetrical patients from the Beaumont Family Medicine Center
- engage in community outreach programs that serve the specific needs of the patients and families we serve
- actively participate in population health management
- complete scholarly activities and quality improvement projects that satisfy the resident’s educational interests, and the needs of the program
- Beaumont Research Institute provides invaluable assistance to residents during their three years of training, culminating in presentations at local and regional research events
Academic instruction is combined with guest lectures from multiple specialties. Typical formats include:
- grand rounds
- basic science conferences
- clinical conferences
- procedural workshops
- morning report
- morbidity and mortality conferences
- journal clubs
Our pass rate on the board certification exam is excellent. One hundred percent of recent graduates have been certified by the American Board of Family Medicine.
Our graduates have obtained various fellowships and academic positions as well as positions in private practices in urban, suburban and rural settings.
Residents accept a variety of positions in southeastern Michigan and throughout the country, with many choosing to stay and join the staff at Beaumont Health.
Beaumont is also committed to the health and wellness of all residents and fellows. Our Director of Physician Wellness works with residents to address their needs for continued well-being through support, education, resource development, and preventive