The curriculum is a dual-track for emergency medicine and pediatric trained residents. Recruitment will target clinically based pediatricians and emergency medicine physicians with a strong desire in teaching and developing superior clinical skills.
- Trauma - Our trauma is run using a multidisciplinary team steps approach to trauma management. The fellows are an integral member of the team and have significant exposure to airway management and being the code leader. Fellows
participate in EMS rides, helicopter transports and take part in the teaching of pre-hospital care providers.
- Ultrasound - The fellows are taught by fellowship trained emergency medicine ultrasonographers. These highly motivated academic ultrasonographers are involved in didactic and hands-on teaching. Similarly, ultrasound faculty are
strong in research, presenting at national and regional conferences.
- High Fidelity Simulation - We offer a state of the art Simulation and Surgical Learning Center that allows for hands-on training and simulation. The fellow will participate in high-fidelity simulation training on a monthly basis.
- Hands-on Procedure Labs - Fellows have a monthly procedure lab as part of the weekly conference. This lab allows fellows to practice critical emergency procedures in the Surgical Learning Center.
- Didactics: 18 month rotating didactic curriculum with weekly conferences to cover all board content specifications set by ABP Highlights, in addition to standard topic lectures, include:
- new and innovative small group flipped classroom learning
- Interactive PEM Board Prep curriculum
- Medical Stats and US pearls lecture series
- Longitudinal based rotations:
- Quality Improvement
- Legal-child Abuse Advocacy
- Fellowship Tracks: Ultrasound, Simulation, Education, Disaster Medicine, Administration
- Journal club and wellness event every other month
- Yearly retreat and team building event