The Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology (CCEP) fellowship program is directly affiliated with the subspecialty fellowship in cardiovascular disease (CVD) at Beaumont, Royal Oak.
Within the cardiology division, three independent training programs including CVD, CCEP and interventional cardiology work in concert with each other for the betterment of patient care, research, and education for all fellows and all internal medicine program residents.
The CCEP fellowship program will be
- at least 24 months in length
- undertaken after completion of required training for board certification in cardiovascular disease
The fellow will assume responsibility for diagnosis and management of patients with a wide variety of cardiac arrhythmias, including
- ventricular tachyarrhythmias
- those with implanted antiarrhythmic devices
- those with related symptoms such as syncope
- presyncope and palpitations