Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn and Beaumont Hospital, Wayne serve as clinical campuses for Wayne State University School of Medicine third-year students. All required and elective rotations are scheduled by the medical school.
Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn offers elective rotations to fourth-year students from all accredited medical schools in:
Critical Care Medicine
- introduction to the diagnosis and management of critically ill patients, including the pathophysiology and management of acute respiratory, neurologic and renal failure
- provides an opportunity to gain experience with surgical procedures that are commonly performed by residents
- communications skills and information management for safe and efficient hospital practice are emphasized
- introduction to the subspecialty with exposure to care of the elderly in the hospital, long-term care facilities and ambulatory care facilities
- introduction to the subspecialty with experience in the High Risk OB Clinic, ultrasound and perinatal diagnostic units