The Department of Urology at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak is a five year program (one year general surgery followed by four years of urology).
The program requires the following from its applicants
- a completed ERAS application, including personal statement
- three ERAS-transmitted letters of recommendation (in addition to Dean’s letter)
- a medical school transcript
- a transcript of your USMLE Step 1 and, if available, Step 2 scores
- a current Curriculum Vitae
- applications are accepted through ERAS
- applicants are given 3 days to accept or decline interview before next round of invites are sent
Once interview slots have been filled we send invites to be placed on a wait list. Interviews will be conducted in December on two scheduled interview days (Friday and Saturday).
Interview will be virtual and will begin with a brief group orientation session with Dr. Frank Burks, Program Director. You will have 20 minute interview slots with the urology faculty (actual interview is 15 minutes) will be able to talk to residents in between interviews. There will be a virtual meet and greet Friday evening.
Frank Burks, MDProgram Director, Urology Residency
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
3535 W. Thirteen Mile Road, Suite 438
Royal Oak, Michigan 48073