The Department of Urology at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak is a five year program (one year general surgery followed by four years of urology).
The program requires the following from its applicants
- a completed ERAS application, including personal statement
- three ERAS-transmitted letters of recommendation (in addition to Dean’s letter)
- a medical school transcript
- a transcript of your USMLE Step 1 and, if available, Step 2 scores
- a current Curriculum Vitae
- applications are accepted through ERAS
- applicants are given 3 days to accept or decline interview before next round of invites are sent
Once interview slots have been filled we send invites to be placed on a wait list. Interviews will be conducted in December on two scheduled interview days (Friday and Saturday).
The format for the day of the interview begins early in the morning with a continental breakfast followed by a brief group orientation session with Dr. Frank Burks, Program Director. You will have 20 minute interview slots with the urology faculty (actual interview is 15 minutes) and there will be a tour of Beaumont Hospital with one or more residents.Frank Burks, MDProgram Director, Urology Residency
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
3535 W. Thirteen Mile Road, Suite 438
Royal Oak, Michigan 48073