The Department of Urology at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak is a five year program (one year general surgery followed by four years of urology).
The program requires the following from its applicants
- a completed ERAS application, including personal statement
- three ERAS-transmitted letters of recommendation (in addition to Dean’s letter)
- a medical school transcript
- a transcript of your USMLE Step 1 and, if available, Step 2 scores
- a current Curriculum Vitae
- applications are accepted through ERAS
- applicants are given 3 days to accept or decline interview before next round of invites are sent
Once interview slots have been filled we send invites to be placed on a wait list. Interviews will be conducted in December on two scheduled interview days (Friday and Saturday).
The format for the day of the interview begins early in the morning with a continental breakfast followed by a brief group orientation session with Dr. Frank Burks, Program Director. You will have 20 minute interview slots with the urology faculty (actual interview is 15 minutes) and there will be a tour of Beaumont Hospital with one or more residents.Frank Burks, MDProgram Director, Urology Residency
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
3535 W. Thirteen Mile Road, Suite 438
Royal Oak, Michigan 48073
4th Year Elective Requirements for Urology Visiting Student Rotations
Students must be attending a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) »