Residents electively rotate in
- allergy & immunology
- pediatric dermatology
- Mohs surgery
- plastic surgery
- Weekly lectures and Board Review
- Two weekly Dermatopathology lectures
- Grand Rounds and lectures weekly
- Statewide Campus quarterly lectures
- Michigan Dermatological Society quarterly Grand Rounds and lectures
- Quarterly lectures and workshops on cosmetics
- Informal lectures on MOHS, cosmetic surgery, lasers and clinical dermatology
In addition to their didactic schedules, residents perform hospital consultations and work in an independent continuity clinic. They are responsible throughout the year for:
- lecturing interns
- medical students
- and residents in an array of topics.
Residents are expected to participate in both the annual and mid-year American Osteopathic College of Dermatology meetings and the American Academy of Dermatology annual meeting. The Michigan State University lecture series provides national lecturers throughout the year with leading dermatology physicians presenting diverse topics.
Interns and medical students are encouraged to rotate through the program with core attending physicians and participate in resident clinics.