The Department of Orthopedic Surgery Spine Surgery Fellowship at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak is a one-year program that prides itself on its commitment to offer an excellent atmosphere for producing exceptionally well trained Orthopedic spine surgeons.
- One of only 14 accredited Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine fellowships in the country
- Offers comprehensive training in adult and pediatric spinal problems including deformity, disc surgery, degenerative conditions affecting the spine, tumors, trauma, and arthritis
- Special emphasis on minimally invasive surgery including tubular approaches, endoscopy, minimal access anterior surgery (OLIF, XLIF etc)
- Extensive exposure to cutting edge enabling technology including navigation and robotic surgery
- Consists of both surgical and office experience with clinic responsibility
- Opportunity to participate in basic science and clinical research with extensive post-doctoral support in a state-of-the art research institute (at least one project required for successful completion of fellowship)
- Fellows take home call for a Level I trauma center.