Beaumont's Marcia and Eugene Applebaum Surgical Learning Center is a state-of-the-art educational facility designed to change the way health care professionals learn and train.
The Surgical Learning Center is a virtual reality lab equipped with full-scale model operating rooms, patient physiologic simulators, a tissue skills lab and a distance learning-equipped classroom. Located in the heart of Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak's South Tower, this center is one of the country's most advanced medical simulation facilities in North America.
The Center is a resource for:
- medical students, resident physicians, practicing surgeons and other specialists
- health care teams and allied professionals to sharpen surgical and clinical skills
- students to explore health care career options
- researchers to conduct simulation and device research
It's a place to:
- learn the latest advancements in surgical care
- train today's medical teams with tomorrow's technology
- develop a new workforce for high-demand careers
- test usability and advanced surgical technology and medical devices
The Center is also poised to train medical professionals to better respond to disasters and other emergencies.