- Promote best practice through the application of current research and patient centered care for patients with Neurologic disorders
- Develop clinical specialists who are competent educators to patients, peers, and students
- Engage in community service and program development and expansion to meet the needs of patients with Neurologic disorders
- The resident to successfully complete the ABPTS neurologic clinical specialist board examination
- Provide residents with a comprehensive academic and clinical curriculum to enhance analytical and reasoning skills
The resident will complete a series of 26 modules provided by the Neuro Consortium complete with individual learning objectives and post-test assessment. Each module offers additional readings to complement each lecture. The resident will also partake in the journal club provided the Neuro Consortium. Additionally, the resident will attend weekly lectures provided by the Beaumont Health Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Department and foundation courses by our own faculty experts within physical therapy.
Clinically, the resident will also be provided unique learning opportunities for attending clinics, shadowing rehabilitation professionals as well as working as a member of multidisciplinary teams. The residency will culminate with a comprehensive final test and a Capstone Project consisting of a case study to help demonstrate mastery of advanced concepts of neurologic rehabilitation. Computer and internet access are required.