Application fee (non-refundable): $40
Tuition (non-refundable):* $5,000 *
Textbooks (approximate): $ 200 - 550 (Students are expected to purchase on their own from provided list.)
Uniform scrubs/shoes: Students are expected to purchase on their own
- scrubs - royal blue; $20 - 40 each set
- shoes - non-canvas, non-slip work or athletic shoes with closed toe and heel $25 - 60
National certification exam fee: $225 (paid to ASCP BOC upon program graduation)
Housing, food and living expenses: $ varies per student
Transportation: $ varies per student
Note: There are no meal, housing or stipend programs.
* The Tuition Payment Guidelines for students selected into the program are as follows
- tuition will be collected in two non-refundable installments
- Payment #1: 50% deposit of $2,500 upon acceptance. Due January 15th of program year.
- Payment #2: Remaining $2,500 will be due on the first day of the month of the scheduled program start date.
- any student who misses tuition payments will not be permitted to begin the program.
- any student who withdraws or is dismissed from the program will receive no refund of previous tuition payments.
- payment accepted via credit card, check or money order only. Make
checks payable to Beaumont School of Medical Laboratory Science.
Scholarships and award opportunities
Scholarships from various laboratory professional organizations are
available to qualified students. Information and applications can be
found at the professional organization websites listed below:
American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS)
American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)