Application fee (non-refundable): $40
Tuition (non-refundable): $5,000
- Program tuition is $5,000 and will be due prior to the first day of the month of the scheduled program start date.
- Payment accepted via credit card, check or money order only. Make checks payable to Beaumont School of Medical Laboratory Science.
- Any student who misses the tuition payment will not be permitted to begin the program.
- Any student who withdraws or is dismissed from the program will receive no refund of previous tuition payment.
Note: Effective December 2021, the tuition may be waived for a 2-year work agreement. Employment can be at any Beaumont campus, any shift, full-time or part-time. The program director will provide additional details during the interview.
Textbooks (approximate): $200-300 (Students are expected to purchase on their own from provided list.)
Uniform scrubs/shoes: Students are expected to purchase on their own
- scrubs - dark pewter grey
- shoes - non-canvas, non-slip work or athletic shoes with closed toe and heel
National certification exam fee: $240 (paid to ASCP BOC upon program graduation)
Housing, food and living expenses: $ varies per student. Note: There are no meal, housing or stipend programs.
Transportation: $ varies per student based on place of residence
Scholarships and award opportunities
Scholarships from various laboratory professional organizations are available to qualified students. Information and applications can be found at the professional organization websites listed below:
American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS)
American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
American Proficiency Institute
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)