Students in the Oakland University-Beaumont Nurse Anesthesia Program have the opportunity to learn from some of the most respected professionals in the field including program faculty, CRNA staff and graduate students, many of whom have published in peer-reviewed journals, authored chapters in books, as well as conducted numerous professional lectures and poster presentations across the nation.
The faculty is actively involved and has served in several leadership positions including:
- secretary-treasurer and Board of Directors for the National Board of Certification & Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists
- Board of Directors for the Michigan Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- AANA Foundation Closed Claim Research team members
- authors of numerous chapters in nurse anesthesia texts and scientific journals
- contributing editor for the International Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesia