In order to be considered for an interview for the Oakland University - Beaumont Nurse Anesthesia Program, applicants must meet these requirements:
- compliance with Oakland University graduate study admission requirements
- completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from an institution accredited by the National League for Nursing or the commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The undergraduate BSN cumulative grade point average must be a 3.0 or above
- Undergraduate overall science GPA must be a 3.0 or above
- completion of the following undergraduate courses with a minimum of a 3.0
- physiology (3 credits)
- anatomy (3 credits)
- if a combined A & course was taken it must be at least 5 credits
- pharmacology (3 credits)
- organic chemistry or biochemistry (3 credits)
- a minimum of 1 year of full-time Intensive Care Unit experience at the time of application.
- Emergency room, recovery room and step-down units typically do not satisfy the ICU requirement.
- a Personal Statement of 500 - 1,000 words explaining why you are choosing to become a CRNA and why you think it is the profession for you
- eligible for a current unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the state of Michigan
attend an interview and complete a brief evaluation about their critical care nursing knowledge and skills
- two satisfactory evaluations are required. One must be from a current nurse manager or healthcare professional in a supervisory role
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, CCRN at the time of application