Applications are always due by August 15th for the fall semester of the following year. To apply, visit www.nursingCAS.org.
Before an applicant’s file can be reviewed for full program admission, all application documents must be received through the NursingCAS system. No application material should be sent to Oakland University or the Admissions Coordinator.
To be considered for an interview for the Oakland University - Beaumont Graduate Program of Nurse Anesthesia, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- BSN from an institution accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Undergraduate cumulative Nursing GPA must be a 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Undergraduate overall science GPA must be a 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Undergraduate required science courses:
- Anatomy and physiology- 3 credits each course (if A & P is a combined course, must be no less than 5 credits)
- Pharmacology- 3 credits
- Biochemistry OR Organic chemistry-3 credits
- A minimum of 1 year of Intensive Care experience at the time of application. Applicants must currently be working in an Intensive Care Unit
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse license. A Michigan license is required at the start of program
- Two satisfactory letters of recommendation are required. One must be from a current nurse manager or a healthcare professional in a supervisory role
- BLS, ACLS, PALS and CCRN certification at the time of application.
Applicants have the right to accurate information regarding the program. Any questions not answered by visiting this website can be directed to Andrea Bittinger at email@example.com