General Surgery Application
The program requires the following from its applicants:
- A completed ERAS application, including a personal statement.
- Three ERAS-transmitted letters of recommendation (in addition to the Dean's letter). It is suggested that your letters of recommendation come from those individuals who know your strengths and capabilities. The letters should be sent as soon as possible after you submit your application.
- A medical school transcript.
- A transcript of your USMLE Step 1 and, if available, Step 2 scores.
- For international medical graduates, ECFMG certification is required.
- A current Curriculum Vitae.
It is the candidate's responsibility to insure completeness of the application, including letters of recommendation. Applications will be reviewed promptly and if screening criteria are met, an invitation will be extended and arrangements offered for a personal interview. All such applicants are required to make a personal visit and interview before final consideration of his/her application can be given.
Our interviews will be conducted from mid-November through mid-January. We are currently offering interviews on six scheduled interview days. We realize that scheduling interview trips can be difficult, and if circumstances prohibit you from attending one of the scheduled interview dates, we may arrange a separate appointment. The 'timing' of your interview has no bearing on our final ranking of your application - although you are encouraged to apply and interview as early as possible. Also, receipt of your Dean's letter, to be mailed in November, may not be necessary for initial consideration of your application. Interviews are granted on a first-come, first-served basis so early application will minimize your chances of being placed on a wait-list for an interview in our program.
We appreciate your interest in our Surgical Residency Program and would be pleased to provide any additional information.