The Department of Ophthalmology Residency prepares the resident for their future in ophthalmology through a coordinated, progressive, balanced experience over 36 months.
The Beaumont Eye Clinic is a hospital-based clinic providing comprehensive primary eye care services from routine eye and vision examinations to laser and surgical services.
- provides all levels of sub-specialty ophthalmic care, diagnostic services, refractive surgical services and low vision services in a single location
- tremendous patient volume and range of clinical pathology
- provided services for well over 30,000 patient encounters in each of the last 5 years
- provided in ambulatory and main operating room locations
- approximately 2,000 vitreo-retinal and pediatric ophthalmic surgical procedures are performed each year in the main operating room
- two operating rooms are dedicated to retinal surgery each day, five days per week
- over 5,500 procedures are performed in an ambulatory surgical facility on the Royal Oak campus and over 3,000 refractive surgical procedures are performed each year in the refractive surgical facilities