The ASHP-accredited Pharmacy PGY-1 Residency program at Beaumont, Royal Oak has been training residents from a variety of schools since 1977. Each year the Department of Pharmacy Services accepts six new pharmacy practice residents to the program.
Our department also offers a 2-year non-traditional PGY-1 residency program (started 2013) to pharmacists who have been employed in our department for a minimum of 1 year. The program strives to meet the needs of the resident based on previous experience, pharmacy practice interests and individual goals of the candidate.
A PGY-1 Residency at Beaumont will give you:
- training in a 1,000 bed acute care, teaching, Level 1 Trauma center
- twenty-four highly trained clinical specialists as preceptors, committed to education, patient care and research
- multiple clinical and non-patient care rotations
- experience of an on-call program
- precepting responsibilities for Doctor of Pharmacy students
- a year of continual longitudinal development
- a mentoring program with a preceptor who helps guide their professional development throughout the year both in terms of goals for the residency as well as individual career planning
- an opprtunity to apply for the chief resident position