Qualifications of Applicants
Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA)
- The minimum GPA of 3.2 must be achieved to be considered eligible for the program.
Prior Work Experience
- Professional experiences (paid or volunteer) are evaluated upon a point system.
should provide relevant information including work done in the
following settings: hospital or other health care, clinical dietetics,
food service, community nutrition, or any other supervisory experiences.
Activities and Organizations
- Extracurricular activities will be evaluated upon a point system.
- Leadership experience is desirable.
Important additional admission requirements can be found in Policies and Procedures, #3 - Internship Inclusion Criteria.
Applicants are responsible for obtaining
current application information from the Dietetic Internships (DI). The
basic steps in this process are:
- Complete the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS) online application.
is recommended that you obtain current application materials from
selected DIs at least 6 months prior to the computer match in November
annually. Please note that DI application forms for programs that do not
use DICAS are not available on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
website or from Academy staff. You must get all required application
information from the DI programs.
- Discuss application materials with your Didactic Program Director, if available.
- Beaumont Dietetic Internship does not require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to apply.
references from advisor/faculty/employers and order official
transcripts as needed to submit to DICAS and internships not using
- Complete DI application according to instructions
provided and submit the materials to the DI director by the designated
- Questions about completing applications should be referred to the DI Director or your DPD Director, not Academy staff.
- Provide telephone number(s) and email address with applications where you can be reached on Appointment Day.
- Send all materials before the postmark deadline and by receipted mail for proof of mailing date and delivery.
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped postcard if you want to be notified of receipt of the DI application from the program.
- Applicants must register on the D & D Digital website,
pay the $55 computer matching fee with a credit card and submit their
prioritized list of selected dietetic internships online to D & D
Digital before the designated deadline dates (Refer to Dates for the
Computer Matching Process for each appointment period).
- Applicants should call D & D Digital prior to the deadline if they do not receive an email with login information.
you do not receive a match, you must register with D & D Digital
and reapply to internship by the withdrawal deadline date for each fall
computer matching period.
Important Applicant Responsibilities
Participants in the
computer matching process are expected to adhere to the results of the
match and accept a match that may occur. It is unethical to decline a
match in order to pursue appointment to another program. Programs with
open positions will be posted on the D & D Digital website the day
following Appointment Day. Applicants who do not receive a computer
match must not contact any program with open positions until the day
following Appointment Day. In addition, please do not ask your Didactic
Program Director to inquire about programs with open positions until the
day programs with open positions are posted. This allows the DI
programs time to confirm acceptance from their matched applicants and
determine the process they will use to fill open positions.
Note: After the internship match is completed, applications and
associated materials are not available for return; they are shredded.