The mission is to produce competent entry-level registered dietitians by providing the highest quality dietetic education in an environment of best practice and evidence-based care through preceptor training, multi-disciplinary education and direct patient care.
Our program goals are to:
- prepare competent entry-level registered dietitians
- prepare and develop leader in the profession of dietetics
- contribute to providing the highest quality healthcare services to
all patients of Beaumont and its community affiliations
Outcome measures for the program:
- 90 percent of interns will complete program requirements within 150 percent of the program length (planned program length is 8 months)
- 70 percent of graduates seeking employment will find jobs within 12 months of graduation.
- 80 percent of the dietetic internship graduates over a five-year period will pass the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within one year following first attempt.
- 100 percent of graduates will take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion
Additional desired program outcomes:
- 80 percent of students achieve a minimum rating of “consistently meets expectations” in entry-level dietetic competencies, determined through preceptor evaluations.
- 80 percent of employers returning surveys will rate Beaumont internship graduates as being prepared for entry-level dietetic practice.
- 80 percent of internship graduates returning surveys will self-rate as being prepared for entry-level dietetics practice.
- 80 percent of current interns will indicate that designated learning experiences are meeting competencies for program objectives.
- 80 percent of current interns will evaluate preceptor guidelines as satisfactory.
- 80 percent of preceptors will rate the patient care provided by dietetic interns as a beneficial service at Beaumont.
- 80 percent of dietetic interns indicate that the development of clinical judgment through critical thinking, organizational and communication skill growth as an important component of providing patient focused care at Beaumont.
Additional outcome data is available upon request.