Beaumont's Clinical Pastoral Education Program and Center are fully accredited with commendation by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. All students completing work in Beaumont's program will be professionally registered or certified by the ACPE.
For all programs, seventy-five percent of time is spent in ministry to patients, families, and staff; twenty-five percent is spent in seminars, didactics, and individual and group supervision.
CPE residency program
- Rotating twelve-month stipended residency beginning March 1, June 1, September 1, and December 1
- Forty clinical hours per week, including evenings and weekends as assigned, at least fourteen overnight clinical practicums per unit, and five of the six holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) responsibility during the year.
- Application deadline: Six months prior to anticipated start date
CPE extended units
- January extended (20 weeks): Monday daytime didactics with Monday and Tuesday orientation the first week.
- January 15 - June 1, 2018
- January 14 - May 31, 2019
Twenty-four hours per week, including fourteen overnight clinical practicum and one holiday (Memorial Day) responsibility during the unit. Application deadline: three months prior to anticipated start date.
- September extended (30 weeks): Monday daytime didactics with Monday and Tuesday orientation the second week.
- September 18, 2017 - April 13, 2018
- October 16, 2017 - May 11, 2018
- September 17, 2018 - April 12, 2019
- October 15, 2018 - May 10 2019
Sixteen hours per week, including fourteen overnight clinical practicums and two of the three holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day) responsibility during the unit. Application deadline: three months prior to anticipated start date.
CPE intensive unit
- CPE summer unit (10 weeks): Thirty-Two clinical hours per week, with didactics on two days for approximately 4 -5 hours each.
- June 11 - August 17, 2018
- June 10 - August 16, 2019
Thirty-Two clinical hours per week includes some weekend, evening and nighttime coverage, including fourteen overnight clinical practicums and one holiday (Independence Day) responsibility during the unit. Application deadline: four months prior to anticipated start date. Available positions fill quickly. Early submission of application recommended.
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- $75 deposit (credited toward tuition) when accepted into the program
- $1,000 for first Beaumont unit (incoming students)
- $675 for consecutive units
- Applicant must submit a completed, standard ACPE application form, available from any CPE center. To request the form via e-mail, please call 248-551-8237.
- Non-refundable fee of $35 (payable to Beaumont CPE Center) must accompany the application
Applications and inquiriesFr. D. Carl Buxo, M.Div., BCC, APC
Director, Clinical Pastoral Education Center
3711 West 13 Mile Road, 112-ABW-LL
Royal Oak, Michigan 48073-6769