Food Safety & Recalls
Check back here for up to date information regarding food safety and recalls so that you can enjoy your meals while keeping yourself and your family safe.
The following resources provide key information regarding food safety:
- The President's Food Safety Working Group aims to enhance U.S. food safety laws to keep food safe for the American people
- FoodSafety.gov provides the latest information on all food recalls and alerts as well as food illness outbreaks
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition regulates foods other than meat, poultry and egg products
- Michigan Food Safety provides the latest Consumer, Industry and Regulatory Resources for helpful information on how to safely handle, prepare and store food
- Eat Safe for Higher Risk Canadians is another good food safety website, however, be aware some of the recommendations do differ from the FDA. There are a variety of multi-lingual documents also available.