Hot Stone Therapy
What is Hot Stone Therapy?
Hot Stone Therapy is a clinical massage treatment that incorporates the use of smooth basalt stones, (used for their ability to retain heat), of many shapes and sizes, that are heated. The therapist warms up the muscles with traditional Swedish massage then uses the stones by placing them in various locations on the patients’ body, as well as, applying oil and using the warmed stones to actually massage. Using hot stones allows the therapist to reach deeper layers of tissue. As the stones cool, the therapist replaces it with another warm stone. The heated stones may be placed in specific places on the body including, points along the spine, in the palms of the hand or even between the toes.
What are the benefits of Hot Stone Therapy?
Hot stone massage is beneficial on both physical and psychological levels and may include the following:
- Relaxation of muscles
- Stress reduction
- Release of toxins
- Pain reduction
- Improvement of circulation
- Calmness of the mind
- Reduction in symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Reduction of insomnia
What symptoms are affected by Hot Stone Therapy?
Muscle pain caused by tense muscles, stiff joints or injuries may be relieved because the hot stones allow the massage therapist to penetrate deeper into the muscle.
- Mental benefits may be received as a result of the total relaxation that occurs through Hot Stone Therapy. The heated stones are placed strategically along pressure points to help melt away tension creating a calming that helps stress, anxiety and other life annoyances disappear long enough for the mind to relax, at the deepest level.
- Arthritis discomfort may be reduced as the heat penetrates deep into the muscles relaxing them. Some restriction apply.
- A sense of wellness can occur as the warm stones relax the body and the mind is calmed. It is in this relaxed state that the body becomes re-energized.
- It is important to let the massage therapist know if the heat from the stones is too intense or the pressure is too strong, so adjustments may be made.
- Certain conditions are not safe to receive Hot Stone Therapy. Please call for more information.
The fee for a one hour Hot Stone Massage is $60.
- Integrative Medicine
- Clinical Massage Therapy
- Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Detoxification Program
- Guided Imagery
- Energy Balancing w/Reiki
- Gentle Yoga
- Post-graduate Clinical Oncology Massage Program
- Reiki I, II, III Training
- Locations & Fees
For an appointment, please call the Health and Wellness Center at 248-267-5663 or Royal Oak at 248-551-9990.
The Beaumont Health and Wellness Center is located at:
1555 East South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307