The Family Medicine Residency Program at Beaumont Hospital, Troy
, offers residents an outstanding education in a highly supportive environment. We strive to cultivate knowledge, skill, compassion, leadership and lifelong learning principles in our residents. Our focus is to produce strong clinicians who can deliver high quality, comprehensive health care for patients and their families in a variety of practice settings.
Why choose Beaumont
- the strong educational training our residents receive; we are proud to say that our graduates have had a 100% board passage rate for over the past decade
- residents get hands-on experience working with a leading industry electronic medical record (EPIC)
- the program is dually accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). The program has been awarded the maximum accreditation by both organizations
- our program allows residents to learn the role of primary physician first-hand because our residents see their own patients, representing a diverse population, in our state-of-the-art family medicine center
- our program has excellent subspecialty support and our residents are able to work one-on-one with most of their attending physicians on most of their rotations
- the larger hospital system and our affiliation with the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine provide residents access to electives, subspecialists, technologies and research opportunities
- residents have employment opportunities after graduation
- all of our faculty are board-certified and most are fellowship-trained
- residents have the opportunity for additional exposure in the disciplines of obstetrics and sports medicine
Eight new residents each year are chosen for our program through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).