Thank you for your inquiry to the Family Medicine Residency program at Beaumont Hospital, Troy. Our Family Medicine residency program is a dually accredited residency program located in southeast Michigan with training provided by family physicians and sub-specialists.
The Family Medicine Residency Program offers seven PGY-1 positions each academic year through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP and AOA). All applications must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
We require the following items be submitted via (ERAS) each year.
- Completed ERAS application form including personal statement and CV.
- Three letters of recommendation, from United States physicians involved in your medical education/training in addition to the Dean's letter.
- Medical school transcript.
- USMLE or COMLEX step 1 score (a transcript must be received before your application can undergo initial review) and if available, Step 2 score (must be available prior to submission of our final rank list).
- International Medical Graduates must have documentation of ECFMG certification.
Applications are reviewed with attention to the candidate's academic, clinical, interpersonal skills and personal statement. Based on this information, applicants may be invited for an interview. Most successful applicants have had USMLE or COMLEX test scores of 80 or higher and have been active in clinical medicine in the US within the previous two years (medical school or residency).
Beaumont Hospital currently sponsors H-1B and J-1 visas. Our support comes with the following important stipulations:
- All pre-requisites necessary to acquire such a visa, along with all required forms and paperwork, must be fulfilled by the applicant and completed in time sufficient for the applicant to obtain the visa and begin employment orientation the end of June and begin residency July 1.
- Acquisition of a Michigan limited educational license.
- H1-B visa: The applicant will employ the services of a qualified immigration attorney, and must successfully pass USMLE Step 3.
We look forward to receiving your application. Interviews will be conducted between mid-October and mid-January each year. Interviews are granted to eligible candidates on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage you to apply and interview as early as possible.