Nurse Anesthesia Program Admission Requirements
In order to be considered for an interview for the Oakland University - Beaumont Nurse Anesthesia Program, students must meet these requirements:
- compliance with Oakland University graduate study admission requirements
- completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from an institution accredited by the National League for Nursing or the commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The undergraduate cumulative grade point average must be a 3.0 or above and grades in each required science course in the undergraduate nursing program must be a 3.0 or above.
- undergraduate physiology and pathophysiology courses must be no more than seven years prior to the application to the program. Undergraduate anatomy, pharmacology and either organic chemistry or biochemistry must be within 10 years of applying to the program. Grades in these classes must be at or above a 3.0.
- a minimum of 1 year of Intensive Care Unit experience at the time of application.
- Emergency room, recovery room and step-down units typically do not satisfy the ICU requirement.
- This experience must have occurred within 2 years of the application deadline.
- able to demonstrate the competencies underpinning the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Performance
- completed an undergraduate physical assessment course.
- satisfactory achievement on the Graduate Record Examination (for graduates with an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or greater, the GRE is not required)
- eligible for a current Registered Nurse license in the state of Michigan
- attend an interview and complete a brief evaluation about their critical care nursing knowledge and skills.
- two satisfactory letters of recommendation are required. One must be from a current nurse manager.
- submit Supplemental Application for Master of Science in Nursing and Anesthesia Supplemental Application
Applicants have the right to have access to accurate information regarding the program. Any questions not answered by visiting this website can be directed to Andrea Bittinger CRNA, MSN, Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.