Purchase Beaumont's Book - "Do You Have a Beaumont Doctor - The History and Voices of Beaumont Hospital"
Some of the surprising stories in the book reveal:
- How the hospital was renamed Beaumont when, during its construction, a load of bricks was mistakenly delivered to another area hospital.
- The behind-the-scenes relationship between a Beaumont trauma surgeon and Red Wings Russian hockey star Slava Fetisov after the 1997 Red Wings limousine accident.
- How a Beaumont radiation oncologist survived the 1956 sinking of the Italian liner S.S. Andrea Doria while in utero - and later met the unknown man who saved him, his pregnant mother and his sister at an Andrea Doria reunion.
- The genesis of the hospital's memorable "Do You Have A Beaumont Doctor" advertising campaign.
- That Beaumont doctors first discussed having exploratory talks with Oakland University about a medical school at a 1972 meeting at the Troy Hilton.
The book chronicles the development of the three Beaumont hospitals, research advancements and firsts, philanthropic milestones and future aspirations through the words of people who led the way over Beaumont's 56-year history.
- About the Area
- Common Phone Numbers
- Gift Shop
- Non-Discrimination and Accessibility Policy
- Nutrition Services
- Out-of-Town Visitors
- Patient & Visitor Guide
- Visiting Hours
- Wi-Fi Access
Proceeds Support the new Medical School
Proceeds from the book support the Oakland University / William Beaumont Hospital School of Medicine Capstone Student Scholarship Fund.
To purchase the book online:
1. Click the "Add to cart" icon.
2. Indicate the order quantity.
3. Click the Google checkout icon.
4. You will be directed to Google checkout, a secure online ordering system.
5. You will be prompted to sign into your Google account.
6. If you do not have a Google account, you will be asked to create one in order to continue with the purchase.
Books can also be purchased in each of the hospital gift shops.
Or you can call 248-551-0416 to place an order.